Saturday, March 29, 2008

Asher turns 4 months old!

So hard to believe that Asher is 4 months old already! It does not seem possible! At his 4 month checkup, Asher weighed in at 13 lb 8 oz was 24 1/2 inches long. So, despite being very spitty, he has maintained his place on the growth charts. He is to continue the Zantac for possible reflux, and I am to continue a dairy free diet for what may be a milk protein intolerance, until his next checkup at 6 months. Although he giving me lots of laundry to do, the diet and the Zantac have helped him to not be fussy. Asher has been sleeping through the night (at least in my eyes) since about 3 1/2 months of age. Just when I think he has developed a pattern, he wakes up at 3-4 am, though. He usually eats around 8pm, waking to eat around 5-6 am, then sleeping again until 8 or so in the morning. He does not nap, however. I place him in his crib a few times a day to take a nap, but with rare success. My mom mentioned that I sent her a lot of pictures of Asher sleeping from February. That is because whenever I get him to sleep (which is usually for less than 5 minutes), I take a picture because it is so unsual! We are blessed that he does rest at night, though. I have begun "sleep training" him during the day for naptime. So, hopefully he will start napping in the next few weeks. 

So, what does Asher like to do? He loves playing with Addison (and Addison, now 20 months old, loves playing with Asher, too). Although I am still nursing, he does take a bottle of mommy milk once a day now. Alivia likes to help with that. He likes to eat about every 3 1/2 hours. He has gone 4 hours between feedings a few times, but that is usually when he wakes at night to eat, though. He has just started to recognize when Mommy is out of sight (perhaps the issue at naptime). He just started rolling over and scooting with his feet while on his back! He was trying to scoot off the examination table during his checkup. I also have to strap him into the bouncy chair because he wants to scoot right out of the thing. The times of laying him down on the playmat while I fix a meal will not last much longer. He can sit by himself for a short period of time, too, before falling over. What makes him laugh? He likes to be tickled and play peek with Addison. He has many sounds that he makes, but he has the loudest high pitched cry I have ever heard (and this is coming from a Mommy of 2 girls!). We like his laugh best, of course.

The months just seem to be racing by...so off to enjoy every moment!

 

Asher at his 4 month checkupMy, what big eyes you have, Asher!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: