Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

Better late in making our goals than never. My Dad always said something like nothing will ever get accomplished if you do not have goals. You have to have goals. Well...here they are.
1. Organize. This is a yearly goal that is always a work in progress. We did quite well last year organizing the office, storage room and garage (I will say that Chris did most of the organizing.). This year it is my job to organize the cupboards and closets.
2. Save. This goal was more than accomplished last year, but will continue this year as we have one more child to save for.
3. Be more active. Chris and I both have this as a goal to tone up in 2008. Alivia still thinks I have a baby in my belly (and for once I don't!), so I would like to change that. :)
4. Buy the bear minimum. I have been doing this goal since 2007, and I think I have done quite well. Clearly, one can always improve on goals, especially since I love to shop.
5. Buy a family car. Do I dare say minivan! 3 kids in a Camry is a tight fit.

Home improvement projects for 2008
1. Finally get a much needed heating/cooling system (choo choo - Trane unit that is).
I am sure there will be more surprises for us for our home. There always is!

So, how did we do on the 2007 goals?

http://ckaustin.vox.com/library/post/happy-new-year-2007.html


Well, I did not run a 1/2 marathon, but had a baby instead! Asher is better than a marathon! We did pretty good on the other goals. We even exceeded our financial goals set for 2007. :) Now...for 2008...here we come!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: