Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Asher turns 2 months old & Getting so big!

January 29th: Asher is 2 months old today! Asher has changed a lot since last month. For one, last month he was 7lb 11oz. At 2 months he is heavy to hold! He is now 10lb 11 oz at 29% (up from 5%) and 22.5 in long at 32%! He has really filled out and is outgrowing his clothes. He is not going to be small for long. So he is on his way to being an average sized boy (yeah...he will fit right in on that soccer team!).  He holds his head up well and has started to smile when I do funny things (so it is not just random anymore). Now, I am working on getting him to laugh. He has just started to make cooing sounds. Now, for that binky that Alivia and Daddy (and now Addison) like to give him. He turned his head, took the binky and put it in his own mouth yesterday. Alivia and I saw him do it, and Alivia could not believe it! "Mommy, he put the binky in ALL BY HIMSELF!" He, I would say, recognizes my voice as he quiets when I enter his room at night. He has also just started batting at his toys on his playmat. But, with that said, he does not like his playmat. He has had several colds since last month and does not like being flat on his back for that reason. He also tends to spit up almost immediately. 

Asher still has his own schedule. I do feed him around 8 at night (and that can take a while). He typically wakes twice during the night (midnight, then between 4-6am). It has gotten better or I have just gotten used to it. I feed him in his room at night in the rocking chair, which has helped both of us. During the day, he usually eats every 3-4 hours. He has just started napping more if I put him in his room away from his loud sisters. Now, I just need to get a baby monitor that does not pick up other babies or the neighbors telephone conversations. :)

Alivia continues to be a big help. She likes to hold him and help with diaper changes. She also calms him if I am busy with Addison. Addison has also grown into a big sister. She continues to love his hair and pats his head. But, now she likes to give him the binky and sit with him if he is in his chair. Asher's big sisters will be his little protectors, I think.

After 6 immunizations, Asher is resting now. Maybe with all that growing he is just wore out.

Until next month...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: