Thursday, January 10, 2008

Asher: 6 weeks old

More napping with Daddy.Asher, 6 weeks, & the girlsAsher is sooo big!6 weeksNight Night, Asher Wade

Asher is now 6 weeks old and has woke up. At 4 weeks, he was still sleeping most of the time. Now, he is awake most of the time. Yesterday, for example, he was awake from 9 am until 8 pm!! I am not kidding! He was not fussy really, crying only when he was hungry or needed to burp. Today he has slept most of the morning so far (but most of it was spent in the car/car seat). He is growing really fast. I guess if I was eating as much as he is...I would be growing really fast too! Wearing newborn clothes at 4 weeks, he is now into the 0-3 month clothes and they are not that big on him. He is going to be much bigger than the girls. Addison better watch out, because here comes Asher! He is sleeping okay at night. I am the one having the problems. When I stay awake, he is eating at 8pm-midnight-4am-8am, and then every 3 hours or so during the day. However, I am refusing to feed him in his room because I want to cuddle up in our warm bed. Unfortunately, I fall asleep during the feeding and wake up hours later when he wants to eat again. The problem is that he sometimes wakes fussy because he was not burped and it takes him a while to calm enough to eat again (which is what happened last night from 2 am until 4 am). It might just be easier to feed him in his room and put him back to bed. I should try that, huh. The best thing Asher is doing...smiling. Now, I just need to catch one on film.

Alivia has turned into a big helper. She always wants to hold Asher. She also loves to give him his binky, a new found thing for us since the hospital visit. I am not a fan of the pacifier unless it is absolutely necessary. I want to know why he are crying instead of putting a sock, I mean binky, in his mouth (same thing really, isn't it?). I am allowing her to give it to him if I am in the middle of dinner preparation and he becomes hungry or something. Addison is working on being more gentle with little Asher.

Although having 3 kids can be a bit chaotic at times, I am so enjoying every moment with all three of them. Asher is such a good baby, so he is easy to enjoy. And, there is no impending doom looming. I hug Chris every day for that blessing. 

All these changes in just 2 weeks?! What will little Asher be doing by the time he is 2 months old? I probably will not be able to call him little anymore. Why can't they just stay little forever. :)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: