Saturday, August 06, 2011

Training Pippa

While we were away on our vacation, our little Papillon, Pippa, was spade at the breeders. They had a vet they trusted who took care of her, and then she stayed with them until we got home. It was so nice to know we knew she was in good hands.

Once at home, we were back to training her. I have been attached to Pippa for nearly 4 weeks now. By attached, I really mean attached. I hook the lease up to her and she is with me all day long as long as she is inside. Why? Well, I can keep a good eye on her when she is leased to me. If she is going to have an accident, I catch her BEFORE it happens and take her outside.

I pretty much know now when she needs to go outside. We have her on a feeding routine. We take her outside several times a day, and she generally gets to walks a day, weather permitting. She is used to us and the kids. Addison helps me take Pippa outside to go potty, while Alivia is good on walking her when we take walks.

Having a dog is like having a baby, only they are not as cute and they do not wear diapers. Okay, some dogs wear diapers but I find that completely weird and lazy on the part of the owners.

Pippa is also taking training classes. She is very shy and is SLOWLY learner, so it is an expensive work in progress.

So far so good. We love having her. She is our little buddy, loving to cuddle as much as she loves running in the yard. And Pippa can jump!! She is so fun.

As much work as she is, we would not change a thing.

No comments: