Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Things About Me...

25 things random things, facts, habits or goals about me. Please feel free to comment with your 25!

1.      1. Chris and I met in 1996 at the Clarkson 850 Intensive Care Unit where we were both working at the time. I wrote him a note and left it in his mailbox asking if he would want to do something sometime. He called the next day & the rest is history!
2. When Chris & I got married, I told him I did not want any kids. He wanted 2, so we compromised on having one. We now have 3, Alivia, 4 years, Addison, 2 years, and Asher, 1 year old.
3. I am a devote Catholic, but I was not born Catholic. I went through classes (RCIA) to become Catholic in 2004.
4. Chris and I have been married twice. I loved him so much…I just had to marry him 2 times! The first time was in the Methodist Church (August 28, 1999), the second time (January 31, 2004) was in the Catholic Church and I was pregnant with Alivia!
5. I mow the lawn and shovel the walks (but I will not use the snow blower). I do this because Chris works hard all day, and that is the least I can do for him!
6. I want to move, preferably somewhere warm, but that is probably not going to happen. I try to love the neighbor, but I am not at all good at it. Sometimes love just is not enough.
7. I am a wife to Chris first and then a Mommy. I try to keep things in that order because I have my kids because of my Love for Topher! I love being a wife & a Mommy.
8. I can never say I am done having kids. As a devote Catholic, we leave that answer in God’s hands. We are done to the point where I have sold most of the baby things. So, I guess if we are not done, we get to go shopping!
9. My husband is the love of my life. He saved my life and does so every day. I think I had my heart broken many time before Chris so that I would appreciate Chris and know he was my sole mate.
10. I am a type A personality and have a really difficult time just sitting for too long without doing something.
11. I am a very picky eater. I eat meat (chicken) maybe once a year. My favorite foods are Mama’s cheese pizza & peanut M&Ms!
12. I love to run and am quite insane about it! I run at 4:45 AM or at 8PM at night just so I can run outside before Chris goes to work and/or while the kids are sleeping. I have run in rain, snow, sleet, & tornatic activity. I am crazy. I am signed up to run my first ½ marathon this spring in Lincoln & I can’t wait!
13. I have a bachelor’s degree in nursing and a master’s degree in business administration.
14. I have just started playing in the stock market. Buy low ya know.
15. I am the money management queen. We do not have cable or a home phone & have no plans on changing that.
16. I had all 3 of my kiddos early: Alivia at 36 weeks, Addison at 36 ½ weeks and Asher at 36 weeks (although I think he was really term). Alivia was 4lb 15oz!
17. My middle name is Allene, named after Allan Pittman who died over Laos during Vietnam War. He was my Dad’s friend during high school. If I were a boy they were going to name me Ross Allen! Oh, thank goodness I am all girl!
18. Our kids all have special names: Alivia’s middle name, Grace, is by the grace of God we were gifted Alivia. Addison’s middle name, Rose, is after my mom’s Dad who called my Mom Rosie. Now Asher is a biblical name meaning fortunate, blessed, happy and was our table name when I became Catholic. Asher was a 3rd little surprise that God blessed us with. His middle name, Wade is after my cousin Wade Hursey who died at the young age of 33.
19. I am pro-life and believe life begins at conception. If life began later than that, pregnancy tests would not say positive until 12-20 weeks or something…
20. I am a night owl. I worked nights as a nurse and loved it!
21. Being a stay at home mommy is a lot more work than my full time job was and way noisier!
22. I had 2 major accidents growing up: One in a wagon full of corn (any farm kid would understand) and another in my car that I rolled several times totaling it on a rock road on the way to tanning, of all things. I am lucky to have lived to tell about both of them. Oh, and my sister Nikki saved my life from the corn.
23. I spent almost my entire freshman year of high school in the hospital.
24. I can drink, but I now chose not to. Yes, I used to (the century club in college was one of the dumber things I have done and somehow lived to tell about it).
25. I tend to say too much & am a blogger: http://ckaustin.vox.com/

And that's 25...Looking forward to your 25 too!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

O'Toole said...

LOVE your list! I liked learning little things about you! I'm working on mine....