Thursday, September 25, 2008

Story time

There are many things I could not do as a working Mommy. Now that I am a SAHM, I do not want our kids to miss out on anything. Over the summer, we started visited our local library. They have a fun little kids section with toys, puzzles, and of course, books. The kids had so much fun and asked to go back! During the school year, this same library has story time. They break it up by age, so Addison goes to her little group on Tuesdays and Alivia can go to a different group on Thursdays. Well, today was our first visit to story time. How fun! The "teacher" sang the name song first, then reviewed some letters, read 3-4 books all about trains, before letting the children make a craft of a train while having a little snack! It was so much fun (at least I thought so). Alivia sat under my legs for the first half at least, then complained of being hungry during the last story (I think she saw the snacks). She did like the art project though. As the days get shorter and cooler, this will be a activity we will try to do at least monthly per child.
And, I feel so lucky to be able to go to story time with our kids!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: