Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Doing a Jig

For the past 3 weeks or so, Asher has been waking up in the wee hours of the morning, thinking it is time to nurse. It all started when he awoke while teething just before turning 9 months old, and I nursed him. Bad Mommy. Anyway, 2 nights ago I decided to buckle down and try to break this bad habit. I picked him up (bad Mommy) and rocked him. He would lay his head on my shoulder, but he was still crying. After doing this a few times and waiting so many minutes between visits, I must have fell asleep. Chris reported when he got up for work (which is also in the wee hours of the morning) that Asher was still awake. Well, I am not sure if he EVER went back to sleep that night.

Well, last night I nursed him at 7:30 and put him to bed around 8. Then, I went for a 5 1/2 mile jog and finished painting the laundry room. When I went to bed at 11:30, I was exhausted and not ready to get up with Asher at 1,2, 3, or even 4 AM.

So, imagine my excitement when Asher awoke talking at 7:38 this morning (not crying as he normally does at 4 AM!). So, now you can see why I am doing a jig! Yeah for Asher! Now, let's just repeat it...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: