Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just a little jog

Today Chris & I ran the 2008 Corporate Cup Run under Chris Dad's work (HDR). I felt bad asking Chris' Mom to come over to our house to watch the kiddos, give up her time and sleep, so Chris & I could go for a little jog. But, Chris kept telling me it was for a good cause, and I really wanted to run it.

Chris, with his asthma and sprained ankle (& he is 3 years older than me as he always says), ran with me the first 2 miles or so. Then he needed to slow down. I then tried to find a good runner to follow at a good pace (my goal was to run a 8 1/2 minute mile or so). This is a steady paced run. I never seemed to find the mile markers, so I had no idea what mile I was at during the run. I finally saw the mile 5 timer (out of the 6.2 mile run) and knew I could make it to the end. We were turning corners that looked familiar and then it hit me. The smell of donuts that I smelled when we started the run. Yuck! It totally made me sick. Obviously, that and the steady run, made the guy in front of me sick too, right into the gutter! Yeah, I was sure glad that I could see the tents ahead.

I finished the run in 47 minutes exactly! and Chris finished in 58 minutes, 32 seconds! The official results will be posted tommow (there are little timing device each runner wears on their shoes to time from the starting line to the finish line).

So, today, Chris and I ran in support of the American Lung Association and got ourselves some sore legs and a bright green coozies...all before 10 AM!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: