Sunday, February 10, 2008

You warm my heart...

 

I got this idea from one of my magazines, either Parents or Family Fun (I love both of these magazines by the way, and I now like reading them while breastfeeding). Of course I had to put my own twist on it. The idea: Place a single serve hot cocoa packet into a paper cup, cut out a heart and say "You warm my heart, Happy Valentine's Day!" within the heart. My twist, make my own hot cocoa mix, place in a cute bag, and place in a nice mug. We gave this to Chris' Grandma for her birthday (although I am not sure if she was excited to get it as I was to give it). The cocoa is a fun thing for kids to make, too.

Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe (from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook)
3 1/2c. nonfat dry milk powder

2 c. sifted powdered sugar

1 c powdered nondairy creamer

1/2c sifted unsweetened cocoa powder

Combine ingredients into a ziplock bag and shake to mix. Store in an airtight container.

Directions for cocoa: 1/3c. mix to 3/4 c. BOILING water. Makes 5 1/2 cups mix (16 servings).

Alivia is going to give this to her preschool teacher, but in a paper cup as suggested.

We need anything we can get to "warm our hearts" when it is a high of 10 degrees!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: