Sunday, August 05, 2007

Our Little House on the Prairie?

"Nothing is ever easy," Chris often says. I wish he could come up with a new line. :) We got back from our trip and were sitting outside while the girls played in the 90+ temps and Chris says, "I can not wait to take a shower." We should have known. Soon after, we went upstairs to get the bath water ready to find we did not have hot water. Chris tried over and over again, but the pilot light would not start. So, I DIPPED the girls in and out of the bath (after a 6 hour car ride, they needed at least that!). This is followed by 2 very intensely cold showers for Chris and I. As I showered, Chris kept saying from outside the shower, "Oh, come on, it has to be refreshing!" Oh, when he got in to shower, his story changed to a small whine. :)

Needless to say, I want to move to an apartment (if only they were made for a family of soon to be 5). I can not take anymore homeowners expenses. I should not say this, but the only things that have not died for us are the furnace and the kitchen appliances. Everything else has been replaced either this year or in the last 3 years (many this year!). So, let's pray that we can maintain our kitchen appliances and stay warm this winter without ANY MORE ADDED HOMEOWNERS EXPENSES!

As for the water heater, I am heating water to do dishes and baths and taking cold showers, for now. We think we will just replace the thing since it is $100 just to have someone come out and stare at the thing (and probably break it if it is not already broken so we have to get a new one). As you can tell, I am losing all trust in people that do home repairs until I find a good, honest one.

So, welcome to our little house on the prairie or something.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: