Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fun in the Hot Sun

Alivia in our pink poolAddison with hivesSaturday picnic in the parkAddison swingin'.The big water towerThe baby areaSplash parkThe big water slideAddison sunning.

If you can't beat the heat, you may as well join in, right? Yesterday was a big day for us. We got up and went to Target for a few things before going to see Grandpa Lou who is in the Hospital. Grandpa looked well and was quite funny, actually. We were not sure if that was pain med induced or he was just happy to see us. :) We went from the hospital to a park to play and have a picnic. It was getting quite hot and Alivia was showing many signs of being tired (so, our short ride home was not a pleasant one). After putting the girls down for a much needed nap, I went off to get a massage. You read that right, a massage. Chris got me a gift certificate for a 1 hour massage LAST year for our anniversary (our anniversary is August 28, so the gift certificate was about to expire). I actually liked it for the most part. I could have done without the spinal massage (ouch!) and the ear massage (that was just plain weird). It was nice to have one hour of peace and relaxation, though. Next time I want to do a couples massage.
When the girls woke up, we got them ready to go to the Fremont water park. We had not been there before, and it was a lot of fun. Since trains run through Fremont, it is a train theme. There is a big train with 3 or 4 slides coming out of it. There is this water tower and when a train horn blows (which is really loud and made our girls cry), a gush of water comes falling down. Addison grew to not mind this but it bothered Alivia the entire time we were there. They also have a baby section, splash park, wave pool and a big water slide that Topher tested out for us and reported was quite fast and fun. Alivia spent most of her time jumping off the side to Topher or I. She had fun. Addison just swam around mostly, walked around the pool, and ate pretzels. She liked the splash park and would just walk through and get completely soaked. Her little hat was drenched. After convincing Alivia that we should go and home and eat, we left after 2 1/2 to 3 hours of good play (and exhaustion). I was driving, so we had to stop in Valley for a DQ treat BEFORE dinner.  Nobody seemed to mind. After putting Addison down for the night, Alivia and I went out for a little more shopping (this was the second night in a row for shopping. I think I am starting to get Alivia to like other stores other than Von Maur, aka the Choo choo store bc they have a Thomas train set). Needless to say, I think the fun in the sun wore all of us out.
So, today is going to be more low key. With the girls napping, I am just going to attempt to catch up on Dey work, which I am procrastinating doing. We will probably spend the afternoon in our little pink pool on our patio.
This week and the weeks to follow will be quite busy. This week is the girls first week at their new daycare. Wish the girls (and Chris and I) luck! Next Sunday, I leave for a 5 day trip for work to Cleveland for a product launch meeting. That is all I will say about that. When I return, my boss comes to ride with me while Chris and I try and celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. Then, we are into Labor Day when Alivia will begin preschool 2 days a week. Yikes, that is a of stuff! We have a special day tomorrow that I will try and post pictures of as well.
So, we are just trying to squeeze every fun moment out of summer that we can. I think next summer we will be family members of the Fremont water park (when we have to pay for 3 of us at $11 each it will make it worth it I hope) and use less of the little pink pool that Chris and I rely probably too much on (because we just want to sit and watch the girls play without having to pay attention to all the other big kids around them). Gotta love hot summer days, though!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: