Monday, January 15, 2007

A quiet, cold weekend

Last week was a busy week. Aunt Nikki came over for dinner on Wednesday and had a "play date" with Alivia. She helped to wear Alivia out so she slept well.

I did go to hospise to see my Grandpa George this week. I stopped in on Friday alone and he knew who I was. Sometimes he doesn't, which is hard. He asked about Chris and the girls, too. Friday was pizza night...but we decided that we have to tell Mamas Pizza that we want cheese and sauce on our pizza from now on. Chris and I rented "Little Miss Sunshine." Sorry, we do not see what all the hipe is about.

Saturday, after doing some finger painting, we went to open gym at where Alivia is taking her gymnastics class. She has a lot of fun there. It was quiet, too, so she could investigate all the equipment on her own.

Sunday we were planning on all this snow, so we stopped by the grocery store after church. We came home and Chris tried a new pizza recipe I had found. I was planning on making it, but Chris just did it. It turned out pretty good. Beth came over for dinner, too, and gave Chris good marks. Sunday was a quiet day, which are nice to have every once and awhile.

Addison is finally starting to really eat solids. She will now take 4-5 spoonfuls before turning her head and sucking her thumb (all done). She is moving more each day. I can no longer lay her down to play and expect her to stay in place. Alivia likes bringing her toys, too, which is cute. She is back to sleeping through the night, too!

Progress towards goals: I decided that there are a few things wrong with following the Dr. Laura house cleaning method: First, one needs to be home most of the day (as most at home Moms are as Dr. Laura recommends). There are a few other things standing in my way of the perfectly clean house: one busy child who likes to move toys and other items all over the house, time, tired, and a desire to play with my kids when I am at home. Humm...

After a little snow (maybe 5-6 inches), we are going to take a little late start this morning. Daycare is closed, so Alivia and Addison will spend the day with Grandma Kathy. This week, Alivia is back to gymnastics. I hope to take the girls to see Great Grandma Marci this week. We will see what the rest of the week brings.

Read and post comments

No comments: