Thursday, December 21, 2006

On Santa's Lap

On Wednesday night, Alivia and Addison, along with Mommy, Daddy & Grandma Kathy, went to sit on Santa's lap. I know what you thinking...aren't you confusing the girls by having them sit on his lap when you are telling them he does not deliver the toys. No! I would let them sit on Mickey Mouse's lap, too, and we all know he is not a real mouse. Alivia did not cry this year but was more expressionless. She was very intrigued by Santa and did not know what to think of the experience. I was just glad she was not afraid of him.(I was given an article writen by Dan Calabrese titled, "Santa: FriendorFoeOfChristmas? It is very good on the subject of Santa. However, I could not find it online).

Alivia did get her hair cut on Monday night. She got more cut off than I expected, but I know if will grow back. Tonight, Thursday night, we went to Great Grandma Pat's and Grandpa Lou's house and brought them Mama's Pizza. It was a hit! We ate too much as usual.

My boss got snowed in Denver, so she will be coming now next Thursday and Friday before New Years. So, now I have been able to get more mentally prepared for the Christmas Partying to come. Tomorrow night Chris' parents are coming for dinner and we are doing our gift exchange with them. That should be fun. On Saturday, we are going to visit my Grandpa George in the nursing home and then meet my Grandma Jones for lunch maybe. I also hope to go to my friend Heather's house in the afternoon. I am not sure if I will take Alivia and Addison both as I do not want to exhaust them. Then on Christmas Eve Day, we are meeting the Austins at Denny and Pat's house (Chris's Aunt and Uncle). The plan for Christmas is to go to 9 AM Mass and then my family will come for gift opening and dinner at our home. We are just having a ham as I try to keep things simple. We are looking forward to celebrating Jesus' birthday with an Angel food cake (Jesus would want a Angel cake, right?) and celebrating Addison's 1st Christmas!

Chris, Alivia, Addison & I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas!

(Feel free to post comments of your memorable Christmas moments).

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: