Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Christmas Spirit

Addison sits alone!
The family - The Present
Addison & The Present

What a busy week as we tried to finish the Christmas shopping and help Alivia see what it means to have the Christmas spirit.

This last week we got little sleep. Alivia decided on a 3 nights to wake between 3-4am and cry. She actually stayed awake on 2 of the nights (and so did we!). So, on Friday night, she went and spent the night with Grandma Bet and Boppa. She had a good time and slept from 8-7:30! While she was away, it was so quiet. Chris and I got take-out from a little Italian place called Faro's and watched a movie. I was also able to get our Christmas letter completed and mailed. We missed Alivia and we were glad to have her back home on Saturday.

Addison can now sit up alone! She started to sit up in her chair, so I just tried sitting her on the floor without support. And, she just sat there and played! She continues to squeel rather loud and laugh a lot. She always seems to be happy. She came down with a bad cold on Saturday and was hoarse by evening. She was still smiley despite having a fever and the bad cold! Addison will be 5 month's old this Tuesday, December 12th.

On Saturday, we went to "The Present" Christmas program at Westside Church with my parents. It was a theatrical performance and Alivia and Addison were really good. Alivia watched the entire program and Addison slept. We enjoyed our Mama's pizza afterwards.

I was able to complete my Christmas shopping with expection of one gift this week! I think next year I am just going to give everyone some love (http://health.yahoo.com/experts/theprinciples/3287/stopping-shopping-at-christmas).

 I actually started and finished buying for Chris in one week (mostly shopping online though). He got his clothes makeover early, though, since it was much needed.

Chris is out shopping now for me. Hummm, I wonder what he is up to. This week we have Addison's 5 month pictures, Graybill Christmas next week, both of Chris' parents have birthdays, & I have a lot of work appointments. Happy shopping everyone! 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: