Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Into the 8th month

This week marks my 32nd week. The time has gone by fast and slow at the same time (I am pregnant; I am allowed to not make sense, right?). It seems like yesterday that we found out we were expecting again, but I feel like I have been pregnant forever. I guess I have been pregnant 3 times in 3 years!

I had my doctor’s appointment today and everything is going well. No, I did not find out what we are having. Since everyone is curious, I will discuss our thoughts on what the baby is (a girl or boy that is). When it was determined that my due date was around Christmas, I thought immediately that it was a boy. My cousin, Wade, had a Christmas birthday. We have always planned to name our boy after him in some way if we ever had one. Since this baby was a surprise, I thought Wade could possibly have something to do with it. Our plan is to still name the baby after Wade if it is a boy. I also had a dream that it was a boy. With all of that said, I do not care whether the baby is a girl or a boy. I am just saying what my thoughts are on the subject. Afterall, if it is a girl, I just have to buy winter newborn and 0-3 month winter clothes, and then the baby is set! I do not have to go shopping for any more baby clothes! I also know how to Mommy little girls, but I have a lot to learn about little boys.

Chris tosses around between thinking the baby is a girl and a boy. He sometimes thinks a girl (oh, Lord help him if it is for that is too many girls under one roof) and other times thinks a boy. I think he wants a boy, but he has never said that. I just think a boy would have fun with all of Chris’ toys. 

This baby is more and more active as she or he grows. I have difficulty breathing after eating, while sleeping, and while driving (which can be an occupational hazard). I also still have heartburn that is not always associated with eating. I am going to try eating small snacks through the day and see if that helps (and still no spicy foods which has been difficult since we love pasta/pizza around here). The $40 iron has helped with my complaints of being tired, somewhat. I think being tired just comes with the territory.

You can see by the picture how big I am this time (I placed the 28 week picture where I am wearing black next to the 32 week picture where I am wearing pink). There is no denying that I am pregnant. I had a Dr. ask me yesterday if I was expecting twins, and I wanted to say to him, “No, are you?” but politely answered, “No,” and ran to my car to call Chris and ask him if I was really THAT huge?!! Of course, being the good husband that he is, he lied and said, “No.”

The next appointment is in 2 weeks (and the day before another ride-along with my boss). Until then…Feed me already!


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: