Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The 3rd Trimester Begins

Yesterday marked my 28th week and the beginning of the third trimester. I had my appointment today where I had to drink the sugar drink for the diabetes check. YUCK! I have felt nauseated ever since. Anyway, the appointment went well. Baby had a strong heartbeat and I measured appropriately (although I feel HUGE). I was started on Magnesium for some muscle cramping I have been having. Overall, I do feel well. However, I get more and more wore down as each day progresses. By dinnertime, I am usually ready for bed. The book my insurance company gave me recommends a nap everyday in the 3rd trimester. That does SOUND nice, but it just is not my reality. The baby is pretty active which is fun. My next appointment is at 32 weeks, and I know the next month will just fly by.

UPDATE: My Dr called and it looks like I am quite anemic, which explains at least in part why I am so tired. I am on this new high dose iron with other vitamins that was $40 (for a vitamin...must be good stuff, huh. It was, of course, not covered under my insurance). Hopefully these vitamins help.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

Imatjen said...

Congrats! Don't you sometimes wish you could put yourself in time out just for an extra nap? Hang in there :)