Sunday, October 07, 2007

2+1 = 3

Swing High Henry!Addison shares her toys with HenryWe all play the push toy.

Huh? Well, on Saturday, we had our 2 girls plus baby Henry (aka cousin Henry) for the afternoon. He arrived just as Addison went down for a nap. Alivia and I went outside, and Henry just loved the baby swing. Alivia turned out to be a good little helper, helping me get a diaper and a wipe for diaper changes, and she just loves babies who take the binky! She just thinks they ALWAYS want it. Alivia went into her quiet time for a short while, so Henry and I took a stroll onto our neighborhood trail. He was asleep shortly after our walk began. He slept inside for another hour after we got home, then it was time to play with Addison. Addison, although somewhat confused as to where he came from, really checked him out. She shared her piano and a push toy with him, watching his every move. She did not even notice when he started to hold her hair (Henry did not know what to do with Addi's hair).
So, are we ready for 3? Um, not quite yet. I learned that I can not carry Addison and a baby at one time (no, I did not even attempt to). I had to get Chris from priming to help me take Addison downstairs after her nap. So, we will need a gate upstairs for a while at least. Also, a gate is needed at the bottom of the steps so Addi does not go upstairs while I am feeding the baby (which I found out while giving Henry his bottle). So, we have a little more shopping to do. We believe Alivia will do okay with this baby's arrival, but Addison may have a difficult time. She likes Mommy's lap and is not always wanting to give up that space. I have a feeling she will be on my lap while I am nursing the baby, at least for a while. :)
We had a fun afternoon with Baby Henry and look forward to his return. Alivia wants to take him and show him the park next time.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: