Sunday, July 01, 2007

Oh What a Feeling!

Okay, it is not like Chris and I had a lot of debt or anything. However, we were paying on a student loan that we had for Chris' Masters Degree. It is now official...it is paid off! I realize if I were as financially savy as I think I am, I would have parked the money into a growing account and paid the minimum monthly payment since it was a low interest rate that was tax deductable. However, I would have to have done this until Chris was 45 of something...another 10 years of interest I just did not want to pay! I hate monthly payments, too! Now, we can happily report that we have only living expense bills to pay every month! (Luckily, Chris and I do NOT believe in credit cards). To celebrate, Chris took me out on a date last night to Kobe Steakhouse, our favorite. First of all, we never go out just the two of us.. Although we missed the girls, it was so nice to do and should be done more often.

 

Oh, what a feeling to be debt free! We are SOOOOOO excited!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: