Saturday, July 07, 2007

Nanny Hunt - Needing to call it quits

Have you ever heard of Craig's list? Well, it is my new favorite place, well, sort-of. We had a curio cabinet that we tried to sell on a garage sale (and it rained) and then again through the paper (and got one crazy man to look at it). Then, someone told us about http://omaha.craigslist.org/. Gotta love it. Several people responded showing interest. We sold the curio 2 days later at the price we were asking (but $50 less than our original price because I was beginning to think I had it priced too high). Yeah!
Nanny Hunt. What does Craig's list have to do with the Nanny. Well, I can not find a suitable candidate to watch our children! So, I posted an ad on Craig's list. You select your state and city, so you only get local responses. I have had many responses to my ad for a nanny, some good and some not so good. But, I get to go through the candidates like resumes, weeding through them as I go. I will not go into detail on how scary some of these people are. I need someone through December when I will finally be staying home. If we were not expecting, I would just quit my job. However, my insurance vs. Chris insurance for maternity is keeping me at my job for now, regretedly. Believe me, I am not saying that I will not give up and quit in the next month or two. I have not had care for my kids in 2 months and I really have nobody dependable to watch them (or who wants to watch them). It is seriously exhausting! I have been told that I am just too picky, that I just need someone for a few months. I DON'T CARE IF IT IS A FEW HOURS! These are our kids, and I refuse to leave them with someone that is not going to take the best care of them. Period. If I wanted crappy care, they would still be with Judy (who I had to turn into the state!). Needless to say, this expecting mom of 2 is nannied out, exhausted and just wants to give up the hunt and be able to do it myself! I will keep you updated on this hunt, the good, the bad and the ugly. I did try to hire another nanny this week, but she took a different job out of state as a nanny. So, the hunt goes on for now...

Read and post comments

No comments: