Thursday, June 15, 2017

Whole30 Week 3

Week 3! Days 15-21

OMG We are half way!!

After feeling like death a couple days ago (and honestly a little yesterday), today is much better. I ran with only stopping a couple times. I ran a slower pace, but it is progress. I will probably feel like poo again after working tonight, but I can't do anything about it.

Today I got up before dawn and got 6 miles in, car pooled Alivia, picked up Chris' Father's Day gift, picked up some prescriptions, all before 8:15. Got home and walked the dog. Yikes, it was hot already. That is pretty much going to be my day. I will shower and take a nap. Asher was asked to go out with a friend, Addi is still at the Lake, and Alivia in in Catholic Ed. I am sure my nap will be short, very short. I am just hoping to get home honestly.

Breakfast: Same (sorry, I love it), eggs, watermelon
Snack: Mini larabar.
Lunch: Not sure. I may eat when I wake up from my nap. More eggs possibly.
Dinner: Salmon, sweet potato, strawberries.

I have my 1 protein (chicken breast), 2 fruits and 2 vegetables packed for my 13 hours at work. I did not get hungry last time so let's hope for the same this time! Day 15 out!

Day 20!
I missed several days due to work, then a serious storm hit us and we were without power from Friday evening to Monday evening! Talk about challenging whole30. It would have been so easy to just order Jimmy Johns or Papa Johns delivery during that time. Instead, we luckily have a gas stove and a outdoor grill where we did our cooking and chilled our food in numerous coolers. Serious nightmare. Thankfully, we are back on and still on (some got power and then lost it again. :( ).

Still eating about the same thing. My larabars have gone up some because a lot of our food we threw out. The first day Chris lived on larabars, not kidding. We went to the local grocery store to get breakfast (and black coffee) and they had just got their power back on and were throwing out food. So, we missed breakfast. By noon, we figured we can just lite our stove and ate breakfast. Luckily, we made it work and did not resort to trying to eat out. Chris has a business meeting today and has to eat out. We shall see how that goes.

Good news! By day 15-16, I got my energy back on my runs! Seriously, that took long enough. Today I walked the dog 3 miles and got hot, and my BBG workout was sluggish. I feel weak and sick now post workout. Hoping my run tomorrow goes better now that I can get my food back on track.

Breakfast: Eggs, watermelon and blueberries.
Lunch: Egg whites, acorn squash, strawberry/blueberry mix
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast, grilled sweet potatoes (I just cut them into cubes, place in foil and grill with Chris' chicken (he eats legs and thighs so it takes longer. Add salt and pepper and easy and amazing! I need the energy for my running, too!).

As we approach the end of the third week, I do not think I have lost any weight. I did not have any to lose any really anyway. I feel like I am eating a lot more food than I am used to but do not feel as energetic. Chris and I have discussed post whole30. We do plan to add dairy probably first. I will try and eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (where I was just eating yogurt and fruit before for lunch with my favorite gluten free chips or crackers). We will just have to see.

Day 21: 3 weeks in!!

Breakfast: Egg whites, watermelon, black coffee
Lunch: Egg whites, acorn squash, strawberries/blueberries
Dinner: Shrimp, grilled sweet potato, watermelon/blueberries

Went to the second movie on th whole30, this time in a bistro theater. Seriously, that was cruel. All the yummy food that we had to look at. I can care less about popcorn. We went to a later movie. Honestly, I may not have eaten anything anyway (maybe just had an Ice to drink)..

I ran this morning with my typical running mate. I felt a little better. She is speedy, and I was able to hold my own for the most part. Luckily I am not training for anything at the moment. Still need to decide on next races (and I hope to add back more carbs for that!). Chris and I are not feeling the tiger blood yet, though. Still tired a lot. I have decreased my workouts due to less energy. I think whatever weight I've lost is minimal 2-3 pounds tops (which will quickly come right back), and I am still not my energetic self.  I have not had any known cheats. Yesterday was hard, though. I wanted chocolate so bad. The kids had candy from the candy store (Addi got at the lake) all spread out on the counter. I could smell the chocolate. So cruel. Chris does cheat. He has little cheats every day (found out he is making his scrambled eggs with a little milk! He is allergic to milk, too!). I believe his lunch out yesterday was successful. We have 9 days left! OMG!!!! So exciting!! Chipotle for our reward. I will get a chicken salad! I can not wait!!

Still unsure what I will do after the 30 days. At this point, I know I'll add back 1 greek yogurt per day for sure. I also know I will add gluten free crackers. From there, I am not sure. I love pizza, but I am not supposed to eat it due to my gluten sensitivity. I try to have a piece of only good pizza when I can because come on, pizza is SO GOOD!

The countdown to the end has started (or wait, I have been counting down to the end since the beginning!).

No comments: