Sunday, October 12, 2014

Alone

For the last week, I have been juggling it alone. I am only half done.

Chris is in Denver at a certification class. I knew it was coming months ago. This is a good thing. I got up early in the morning last Sunday and took him to the airport. I was so tired, I didn't feel anything when I said good-bye. My only thoughts..."Can I go home and go to bed?" Luckily, the kids let me sleep until almost 9. I woke up sad. Funny, I thought I was looking forward to Chris being away. Look at all the stuff I will get done. Yeah right.

Last week was a blur. We were busy nearly every night. I was running here, there and everywhere crossing things off my never ending to do list. I went out to Zorinsky and ran twice. That is something I have been wanting to do but haven't had time to do since last winter. I went to the Mart to look for things unsuccessfully. In the end, I got a lot crossed off my list but nothing really done. No worries, I have another week and another long list.

My Mom did come down one night so I could go to work. How else was I to get in 96 hours during this month, my minimum requirement, with taking 2 weeks off. Chris' Mom will be coming this week so I can work another night. I have to say, I love the fewer hours.

I have more appreciation for Chris now that he has been gone. One, I miss him. It is lonely here without adult interaction. I don't know how single parents do it. It is nice to bounce ideas off another adult. I find myself talking to myself more not having him here, asking myself those important questions. I know, sounds nuts. I better stop doing that when he gets home. :) The kids miss him. Although he is only in Denver, our paths cross at night. With soccer, swimming lessons, tutor, piano, play dates, we are rarely home until bedtime. Then, I just want everyone in bed so I can go to bed. Chris called one night after I had been asleep for an hour. It took me 2 hours to get back to sleep. :(

One more week. I will cook, clean, mow, work...and he will be home. I am not going to let him leave for a very long time.


No comments: