Monday, January 06, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!

Happy New Year! Wow, does time go faster or is it just me?

Time to make more goals. This year, Chris and I have set the standard high for goals. One we will DEFINITELY achieve after 3 years of making it a goal (gees!). So, here it goes.

1. GO TO DISNEY!
Chris was at a new job in 2013 making Disney out of the question. 2014...Disney here we come!

2. CELEBRATE OUR 15th ANNIVERSARY IN STYLE!
After suffering through our 14th year, Chris and I are really going all out for our 15th...going back to Jamaica man to celebrate 15 years together. OMG...we are counting the days until we are sipping blended fruit punches on the beach!

3. CHRIS WILL SUMMIT LONGS PEAK!
This is Chris' lofty goal for 2014. He plans to make the summit with his brother (so the kids and I will have another long trip to the Lake again!). I think Chris is crazy and he thinks I am. I guess we are equal, or something.

4. I WILL RUN MY VERY FIRST FULL 26.2m MARATHON!!
Yep, sounds crazy, but that's me. All crazy. Really, who isn't running a marathon. I went to sign up at 12:01 New Years morning and the site was crashed...so I had to sign up at 2:30 AM. By New Years morning, the marathon was full. So, I won't be running it alone! The training has begun, even in this cold crap. Seriously, wth was I thinking training for a spring marathon in Nebraska?!

5. SAVE ONE PAYCHECK A MONTH
Although I did not get a new job as I said I would last year, I am working a ton of hours more than I was (for me anyway). So, I think it is about time I start stuffing one paycheck away per month. I still want to find a new job, though.

6. MAKE OUR HOME A 5 BEDROOM
This project was supposed to start, well, now. But, our contractor quit on us. Boo. We loved him as he did our wrought iron spindles and finished our closet/drop zone for us. Now, back to the drawing board of finding someone else to do this project for us. We will see.

That ought to keep Chris and I busy for a while. What are your 2014 Goals?!

No comments: