Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our 3 year old Stock Buyer

Today, Asher became a stock trader, or at least stock buyer.

Every year, I buy the kids stock with their Christmas and birthday money. I know, perhaps that is not what their great grandparents and my parents have in mind with the money. But, they do not specify...so we are saving for their future. The kids do tell them in their thank you notes that they will be buying stock with the money, whatever that is.

This year, I decided to have the kids buy the stock themselves. Alivia decided she wants stock in McDonald's. She first said Justice, but who knew they are under the Dress Barn (Really?) and are not a recommended buy. So, her next choice was McDonald's. Addison, who has a lot of cash to spare in her account, wanted Von Maur, which is a privately owned company. So, I am looking at Mutual funds for her and perhaps a stock to mix in with her portfolio of companies like Google, Berkshire and Apple (Addison's portfolio is a rock star portfolio if I do say so myself. But, that is not saying much since I know absolutely NOTHING!).

And Asher, oh Asher, he bought his own stock today! Okay, he bought Apple stock before I heard that the CEO was taking an indefinite leave of absence for health reasons. That does not sound good. Hopefully I did not just throw away nearly $350 from his college fund (or he didn't!).

Now, back to shopping for stock. Humm...what to buy what to buy...

No comments: