Sunday, March 18, 2007

Quiet time?

My good friend, Heidi, sent me an email on Friday telling how important "quiet time" is and suggested I try it with Alivia who gave up her nap a few months ago. So, I tried it on Saturday and today. Worked like a charm! I told her she could read books or play with her babies as long as she was quiet in her room unless she had to go potty. Both days she ended up asleep. I got so much done during this time and felt energized for the rest of the afternoon into evening to play. However, she is having a more difficult time going to sleep now. It is 9PM now and she is still in her room talking. The same thing happened last night. I will probably continue with the quiet time next weekend and see how it goes.

The good news is that Alivia has been dry all night for 2 nights now! Knock on wood, though. I hope this is a continuing pattern because I am about to wear out our wash machine.

Chris spent the ENTIRE weekend in the garage! He put up the shelving system all the way around the garage - including above the garage door. Today he painted the walls white. He just has to place all the stuff on the shelves. I will post an after picture, but I wish I would have taken a before picture! I can hardly wait to park my car inside again. Chris wants to just sit a while and let the bruises on the backs of his legs heal (from leaning against the ladder as he installed the shelves!).

Have a good week!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: