Friday, February 09, 2007

Is it time to quit?

This is a question that was asked on the front page of YAHOO! today, and it just happens to be one I ask myself daily. I have wanted to quit my job and stay home with our girls since I became pregnant with Alivia more than 3 years ago now. Chris has said all along, just quit and we will figure it out. Oh, I wish I could do that. I have a daily internal (and external) struggle over this decision. If the question were between $ and our girls...I would pick our girls everyday. It just is not that simple unfortunately. I am too much of a planner I guess. I asked Alivia and she wants to stay home everyday. But, if I ask her if she would rather stay home with Mommy or have toys...she picks toys (but this is from a 2 year old's perspective). Like my Dad would say...don't ask questions if you do not want to hear the answer. I have concerns about the future more than anything. I would quit for only a few years...but could I get a job in this industry again since they are really difficult to come by. What about saving for college for the girls? Would Chris and I retire EVER? So, the question remains and the struggle continues.

Read and post comments

No comments: