Thursday, February 22, 2007

Babies Cry

I thought it was common knowledge that babies cry. That is just part of being a baby, right? Perhaps I am totally wrong here, but I do not think so. Last night we went to Ash Wednesday service. Because of the time of the Mass, Alivia and Addison were not in the best of moods. Addison cried out loud maybe 4-5 times during the Mass (which is a lot for her actually). Her cries were brief, though. I would stand up and walk to the back of the Church and she would stop. That should be the end of my story, right. Oh, no. You should have seen all of the stares I got! The last time I walked to the back (which was 10 steps from where we were seated), I said aloud quietly to Addison, "It is like people have never seen a baby before, Addison," as the woman next to me moved over like I was diseased (it was standing room only so there were a few people standing in the back without seats). These people are supposed to be good, church going people I thought. There is not a cry room at our church. I have been in churches that have cry rooms and they are a joke. The parents just let their unbehaved children run wild. Okay, why bother going to church if you can not even hear  anything? At our church, we can go into the entryway of sorts where you can still hear the service. There are maybe 4 chairs scattered about and usually 10 or more parents with crying or wild children. I did go out there briefly last night, but the parents act like it is social hour. So I was missing the service which was the reason we were there.

So, thought I would just post a reminder that babies cry, just incase some have forgotten. Happy Lenten Season!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: