Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Whole30 4th Time

So I am a week into my 4th Whole30, 3rd one this year. I can say right now, after this time I am done with Whole30 for a while.

After my second Whole30 finishing in March, 2018, and third Whole30 finishing in May, 2018, I have pretty much stayed Whole30 for most things, adding in treats. I ate things like nut thins and frozen yogurt, then onto chocolate chip cookies and pizza. I stayed pretty true to whole30 until I didn't.

This Whole30 is to prepare me for a big hiking trip Chris and I are taking this month. Although yesterday was the 3 week mark, I feel about the same. I hate all the food I am eating, though. I can no longer eat veggies for the most part after my second Whole30 (I ate so many that thinking about making them makes me gag). I eat zucchini and sweet potatoes now. I am trying to follow the FODMAP diet too so that my body is not so messed up all the time. It is harder to follow because I can not have riced cauliflower or watermelon, both which were my favorites.

This time I usually eat an egg white and mixed fruit with coffee (if I am not working) for breakfast, a hard boiled egg with honeydew/blueberries/strawberries mix for lunch, and a variety of things for dinner usually including a salad with protein of some sort. It has been difficult considering it is summer to keep this up with my kids on the go all the time, but I have made it work. I have weighed myself, and I have lost 1 pound. I really wanted to lose like 5 pounds, so eating this way has not been worth it in that respect. I gave up the fun and weigh the same I always do? Ugh.

So, after our trip, I will go back to just my regular mostly healthy eating. If I need to watch my intake, I will just do that. But I do not believe I will be doing another Whole30 for a while. I need more energy to keep up with my kids, work and husband! :)


No comments: