Sunday, August 05, 2018

The Lake 2018

We usually get to the Lake (Lake of the Ozarks that is) for the entire month of July. Our life has changed so much now that Alivia is going into High School! Alivia did not want to miss running club, so we stayed just shy of 2 weeks, planning on returning for a weekend. Then, life happened, the weather was bad, and we never got back to the wonderful lake. We are sad about that, but lucky we have our 2018 Lake memories.

We (Alivia, Addison, Asher, Addison's friend Sidney and I) left for the lake on July 3. We got there in time to swim, tube and for Liv and Asher to water ski before the busy 4th of July. We went out on the water and watched the fireworks until a few of us were sea sick (the boat was rocky this year!). Grandpa Bill and Grandma Bet host a great 4th of July!

Per our usual, the days are spend in the water. I get up early and run and sometimes do my weights too before everyone gets up. My morning runs opt me an opportunity to sea all the lake wildlife and get my ass in top shape as running there is a total workout with the crazy hills! UGH. The kids get up and want Grandma and Grandpa's breakfast of eggs, bacon and cinnamon toast. Then, we head down to the water for tubing, water skiing, swimming, etc. (I swim to the buoy 8 times at least a day. This is a big challenge for me as I am not a good swimmer). We visited Grandma's Candy twice this year and the outlets once. The outlets do not impress us anymore because the outlets near us seem better.

The last couple years the kids have invited friends. This year Sidney was with us the entire time. On July 10, Chris came down to spend a few days with us and help celebrate Addison's birthday and brought Alivia's friend Reina.

Alivia and Asher got real good on water skiing, both going over the wake for the first time this year. Reina even got up on skiis for the first time. She got over the wake too, but struggled to get back over. Chris skied showing he still has the moves. I tried to ski, practically knocking myself out when I hit big waves (I slammed into the water so hard that I saw stars).

We had a fabulous time! We love the lake!




No comments: