Monday, February 12, 2018

Florida 2018

The last 2 winters my parents have gone to Florida. Last year I visited in January, so this year I repeated that. I love visiting my parents, the break of winter, the break from my crazy job, etc. Last year I went alone. This year I decided I was going to take 1 kid along with me. I decided to bring Addison with me.

It was a difficult decision. Should I bring Alivia before she goes into high school, Addison before she goes into middle school, or Asher before it is awkward that he has to share a bed with his mom for a week.

I selected Addison. :)

Addison was thrilled to come along. We got on the plane in freezing Omaha to land in Florida, where it was not that much warmer honestly. They had freeze warnings while we were there. It did not stop Addison from jumping in the water, making sand castles, burying her Grandpa in the sand, digging deep holes and finding shells. We also drove down to the Everglades and saw some alligators on an air boat tour. That was very fun. That was the high light of our trip. Addison balanced our time between the beach and the pool, even when I thought I would die from freezing to death. (Really, I am not kidding).

After 5 weeks away from running due to a stress fracture, I tried running the beach. It did not work for me. So most days I got up early to WALK the beach. One morning I even got lucky and spotted a dolphin!

Addison enjoyed the trip as much as I did. Grandma and Grandpa probably wore out from our visit. Addison loved all the snacks Grandma bought her too. She may just be a little spoiled.

I am hoping my parents make a return trip to Florida again next year because I want to visit!

No comments: