Monday, February 12, 2018

Whole30 Take 2

On my last whole30, I said I would never do it again (see June 2017). I do recall hating it, and hating it a lot. I am not even sure why I decided to do whole30 again this time. For one, I have been eating more cookies than vegetables and decided I needed a reset. And, since I am not running for the most part due to a nagging stress fracture, now was a better time to reset!

I started on 1/28 and hope to go through March 1, so more than a 30 day whole30. Last time I did whole30, I was attempting to do so while running 7 miles a day. This time, I have been walking for the most part and doing my BBG cross training. I am finding my energy much better this time and less depleted. Now, a couple weeks in, I ran 5 miles today and did not feel half bad. I ran slow, none the less, due to running in snow in zaktraks and babying my leg, but I ran. I am able to complete my BBG workouts.

Pros:
I am not sure I can come up with any right now. My energy is just okay. Oh and my face may be clearing up. But as I type this, I have a fever blisters that have taken over my lips.

Cons:
I think I have actually gained weight...but I have not weighed myself.
My stomach is usually upset from noon on. If I work overnight, I go to the bathroom 10-12 times. NOT KIDDING. I had a stuck gas bubble or something the other night that caused me to collapse to the floor in pain. I actually thought something was going to explode. All this from eating healthy? Seriously?!?! I have GI symptoms like no other. I do not recall this from last time. Last time I felt emaciated. This time I know what I can eat for the most part.

Last time I refused to bake because I just wanted to eat it. This time I have made bars, cookies and chex mix without issue. I like baking, so I hate to give it up. And, I was able to bake without licking the beater. Amazing! I just tried not to smell the cookies.

I am hopeful I will be able to re introduce the food properly this time. I am hopeful in the end of my 30 plus days that I will feel better. Here is to hoping. Because right now I feel like crap and really want a cookie.

No comments: