Saturday, April 13, 2013

Happy Birthday to Chris

Last weekend (yes, I am that behind on this blog), we helped Chris ring in another birthday! Since his big birthday last year was celebrated away from the kids in sunny Florida, Chris wanted to spend the day with the kids this year. So, I had a lot of fun activities planned for him to select from.

First, breakfast came from Daddy's favorite, Panera. The kids were about as thrilled with this as Chris was. As Daddy worked out, I finished up on his birthday treat (a home made chocolate cake with chocolate frosting that was so yummy!). After getting cleaned up, Chris wanted to take a family walk around the lake. The kids were not happy about this one bit. So, Chris decided to have them stay at his parents down the street while we continued our walk with Pippa around the lake. It was quite peaceful actually. We need to do that more often!

After talking with his parents, Chris decided to take advantage of the Home Depot mulch sale and go and buy a few bags of mulch. 75 bags later, he was home ready to dump it. Huh, that was not on my list of fun things to do. I suggested roller skating or a movie! Anyway, instead we mulched the entire yard. Yeah...got that done just before it rained and snowed all week. (sarcasm).

After our hard work all afternoon, we ordered pizza for dinner. That's special, right?! But, we were able to top it off with the delicious cake and ice cream. The kids gave their Daddy a gift card to Subway and chocolate covered almonds (because he is a bit nutty yet sweet), while I gave him new jeans that I believe were made of gold and the imitation ho hos that he asked me for instead of the cake that I made anyway. :) All in all, better than the napkin holder that I will never let him live down giving me.

Chris reported having a happy birthday best spent at home. Many More, too, Mr. Austin.

1 comment:

Courtney F said...

Oh, sounds like a wonderful day. Happy Birthday to Chris!~

PS MC got his letter from Alivia and won't tell us what it says. So cute!