Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

 

Mother's Day 2008
Grandma Bet with Addison & Taggies
Grandmas Vera & Marci with Alivia & Polly pockets

Mother's Day is a day of honoring all us mommy's, right? So, we invited my "Mommy," & my Grandmas to dinner yesterday. Chris' "Mommy" was supposed to work, but ended up being home after all. So, he and the girls ran over to their home in the morning to give her well wishes and kisses. Ya know, what EVERY Mommy deserves. I am a Mommy myself, & I will be happy with a card, hug, kiss, thank-you, phone call, or the like come Mother's Day. So, if you forgot to do any of this for your "Mommy," do it late. Okay, off my soap box.

After a nice dinner, Grandma Vera did not feel well, (I guess I am a bad cook) so our guests went home. We ended the day with family time outside. Chris & the kids gave me a giftcard to one of my fav clothing stores and some new sketcher flip flops that I can wear on my many trips to the park. Chris also reminded me (not like I needed to be reminded) that this Mother's Day I have the best gift of all...to be home with my kids!! THANK-YOU Topher for that too!

As Chris and I sat down for our 20 minutes with the kids asleep before going to bed, I heard a child stirring upstairs. Oh, Addison had a BAD case of the stomach flu. Lucky for her, it lasted only through 1 AM. Today, although tired, she is back to her normal little self. Poor thing. But, as I was cuddling her and holding her hair away from her face last night, I realized this is what being a Mommy is all about. And, I am so lucky that I get to experience it!

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is just 1 day,

But this Magnolia will bloom each and every May.

With each bloom know that Chris, Krista, Alivia, Addison & Asher too,

Love you not just on Mother's Day but the whole year through!

(Poem we gave the Grandmas with their Magnolia trees). 

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

Zoora said...

happy mothers day!!! looks like you've been doin a great job. hope i'll be a great mum too