Monday, December 03, 2018
When Alivia was a baby, I started this tradition of celebrating 1/2 birthdays. Here we are, 14 years later, still celebrating the half birthday. We give the kids a little present and they go on a Daddy date to lunch or dinner. It is good for them to have something to look forward to mid year I guess. For now, we will keep up the tradition. I believe I will keep it up until they graduate, then they will graduate from the Half Birthday. :)
Alivia selected lunch with Chris at Panera, where she gets broccoli and cheddar soup and a baguette. Yum.
Alivia is very active. She is now done with cross country and considering running track. Their team is highly competitive, so she does not want to sit the season watching others run. So we will see what she decides. On winter break, we hope she will take her learners permit test so she can soon be driving to school!! She recently lettered in cross country and was awarded first in her age group for the Lincoln Halfsy with a half marathon time of 140:10.
This is what she is thinking as she turns 14.5.
Birthday Questions by Alivia at 14.5 years.
1. Favorite color: Blue
2. Favorite Toy: iphone, ipad
3. Favorite Fruit: strawberries
4. Favorite TV show: nailed it
5. Favorite thing to eat for lunch: Pepperoni and crackers
6. Favorite Outfit: Itblack pants and purple shirt, or gray pants and blue shirt --- Athletic clothes
7. Favorite Game: Woody (on her ipad)
8. Favorite Snack: dried fruit
9. Favorite Animal: Dog
10. Favorite song: High Hopes or superheroes
11. Favorite Book:
12. Best Friend: Katy
13. Favorite Cereal: "Don't like cereal"
14. Favorite thing to do outside: run/soccer
15. Favorite drink: lemonade or rootbeer
16. Favorite Holiday: Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? a bear from when I was younger and one from Great Grandma Austin, then a Dog from Great Grandma Pat
18. Favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Granola bar or belvita
19. What do you want to eat for your half birthday dinner? Panera!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? a physical therapist
Posted by The Austin Life at 12/03/2018 04:04:00 PM