Friday, December 05, 2014

Tired All the Time

If I had a theme song for this week, it would be tired all the time. Seriously, I am dying here.

I worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights 12 1/2 hour shifts (meaning I left home at 6pm returning home shortly after 8am). I'm exhausted! When I work, I sleep from 8:30-2:30, drive up to get the kids from school, then go to after school activities every night of the week (except Monday basketball practice is at 5:30) and Fridays (we have NOTHING on Fridays!!), come home for a quick shower before heading back to work. It is seriously exhausting. Tonight I am back for one more partially overtime shift, if I am not cancelled. I will be off tomorrow night (Saturday) before heading back to work Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. UGH!

Why? I am required to get in 96 hours a month at the status I am at now. With vacation and winter break coming up, I needed to jam all my hours in the beginning of the month. If I am lucky, I will get 7 out of the 8 required shifts in, then just need one towards the end of the month. That will have to be a Friday or Saturday night because I will need 12 more weekend hours and that is the only way I can do it and sleep with the kids at home.

I need a break.

Oh, wait...I think one is coming! YEAH! Can I take vacation and just sleep????

Today I got in a 9 mile run and ran part of it with my eyes closed. They just hurt from being open. Insanity. 

Dreaming of sleep,
Krista

No comments: