Friday, April 04, 2008

1 month later

 It has been 1 month since I began my new role as a stay at home Mommy. It is hard to believe how quickly time passes. So, is it what I thought it would be? Yes, and more. We have been really busy despite not having a car on most days. On the days we do have a car, Addison, Asher and I are running errands all morning while Alivia is in preschool. On our at home days, we try to get to daily art projects and Alivia has a workbook that we have been working on. I also like to bake with them at least once a week. We have done fun things that I did not have time for before, like going to the mall to play in their play area (which is full of germs), playdates, and visting the Easter Bunny. We are looking forward to warmer weather so we can go to the park, take walks, and ride bikes, etc outside. Alivia and Addison are really good friends, which makes it nice. They play really well together. The household stress level is nothing like it was when both Topher & I were both working. That is something all of us can enjoy.

Although it saddens me to see what I have missed during my working mom days, I feel so blessed to be home with our kids now.  I have been excited to see the first moments with Asher that daycare would have seen - rolling over, laughing, & his many smiles. At home is where I am supposed to be. I would not change our decision for the world.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: