Saturday, April 04, 2009

Dating Again

A date? What's that? Well, for Chris and I, a date is something we do maybe 2 times a year, 3 times if we are lucky. When the kids were in daycare, I did not feel it was right to get a babysitter to go on a date when they were in someone's care most of the week. That's just me, of course. Chris' Mom would watch the kids a couple times a year, but she lives 20 minutes or more away. So, Chris and I always felt like we had to rush home because it would be selfish of us to keep her up late so we can have a date. My parents live an hour away, so we would never ask them. And, they are my source of care when something comes up and I need help during the day. They do always watch the kids so we can go on a date at the Lake in the summer, which is so nice!

With all of this said, Chris and I need some alone time. And, I would like to go some place other than Walmart without children every once in awhile, and have a good reason to get dressed up other than to go to Mass on Sundays. So, we asked Alivia's Sunday School teacher to watch the kiddos. She is 17 and very responsible. Best of all, Alivia really likes her.

So, last night, Chris and I officially started dating again. It was weird to be out without kids! I picked up Ms. Alyssa shortly after 7:30, having put Asher to bed first. He was very tired after being awoke from his nap about an hour into it by UPS (oh how I despise UPS!). The girls were so excited! Ms. Alyssa had brought a new movie for them to watch. Alivia said they had fun, and Ms. Alyssa said they all went to bed fine. Yeah! As for Chris and I, we went to where it all started for us, Old Chicago. We always go there on dates it seems. It is close and it is where we went on our first date. It was nice to be able to talk uninterrupted. We ran a few errands that were easier to do without the kids in tow and then came home to our typical Friday night movie night (just made for a later night).

Although the prep for the night may have been a little difficult (it is difficult to get 3 kiddos bathed and ready for bed while I am supposed to be getting ready and looking nice), it was worth it. And, we all really liked Ms. Alyssa. Next time we will have to see if Asher is ready, too!

We are definitely going to continue dating...I just hope Chris asks!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: