Friday, April 23, 2010

HOLY HOUR

This week marked our first week of Holy Hour at Saint Columbkille. Since Addison will be going to Sacred Heart Preschool in the fall, Chris and I are required to have 15 service hours and Holy Hour counts as part of those service hours. We also need 15 additional hours of service and Adult Formation for Alivia's Catholic Education. We thought, what better way to achieve our service hours than in Holy Hour. Chris and I are going to be doing this on rotation, and I started today with our 3 pm Holy Hour.

What is Holy Hour of Eucharistic Adoration? Holy Hour is an hour devoted to prayer, often in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, in the Catholic Faith.

What do we do during Holy Hour?

This is an hour Jesus wants us to spend with Him any way we want. We read books in the chapel, read the Bible, bring our own prayer books, pray the rosary, or just enjoy the peace (and quiet) that comes from being in the Presence of God.

I was unsure how I would do during Holy Hour. I am not one for sitting, and I am not used to quiet unless I am asleep (and even then!). However, I enjoyed my time in Holy Hour today. I was the only one there, so it was very peaceful. I did not have to rush through prayers as I sometimes feel like I have to do because the kids are growing impatient. I read a book on the Path of Jesus that I found peaceful and educational. Although Chris will be going next Friday, I am looking foward to my return to Holy Hour in 2 weeks. 





Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: