Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday is the kick off, or sorts, to Lenten Season. Yesterday Asher and I attended the 8:15 Mass. As soon as we sat down, I realized that I had wanted to go to St. Vincent's (Our previous Parrish) for Mass.

Oh well, we were at Saint Columbkille now.

This is the first year since Asher was old enough to realize that he was willing to get the Ash marked on his head. He did not say a word about it. I found him to be listening through Mass, too, which is nice.

As the Scripture was being read,  I believe it was Matthew 6:6, they read about going into a room, shutting the door, to pray. Asher pipes up, not so quietly, and says, "What room?!" as he looks around the Church. It was kinda funny. This is after he asked in a previous Mass if we had to go to Church even after we died and went to Heaven. :)

This Lenten Season, we are trying to give up things and do things that will bring us closer to God.

Me: Go to confession, pray with the kids every night before bed, attend weekly Mass (this gets tricky when I work weekends. I am sleeping during Mass), and no facebook (which I have done already, but Chris would like me to get back on after I fix my settings a bit).
Chris: Pray with the kids at night, attend weekly Mass.
The kids: Pray every night, attend weekly Mass.

Let's see how we do.

No comments: