Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Joining the YMCA

I never thought in a million years that I would join the YMCA but I did. My friend Albanie asked me to go to Zumba with her and that was it. I was addicted. I LOVE ZUMBA!! Okay, it is not always a huge workout for me since I run 5-6 miles a day, but it is so much fun! On Saturday morning I went to Zumba after running and I was dead. Zumba was a total workout! I have also taken pilates and some yoga there, although I like Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown that I do at home (hard stuff!).  I have been trying to add yoga to my running to help with strength, flexibility and core work. I can't say that it has helped yet, but I am only about 10 days into it. So we will see.

However, we are loving the YMCA. I have taken Addison and Alivia to the family Zumba on Fridays twice now. Alivia loved it, Addison not so much. So, Alivia and I will make a date to go every Friday. It is something fun the two of us can do together. Also, the Y has parents night out once a month. Saturday was our first night out. Chris and I went to dinner and then came home to watch a movie. Meanwhile, the kids played at the YMCA, ate pizza and watched a movie. They can stay from 5-11, but our kids were there from 5:30-9:15, which turned out to be a little long for them. We have, however, already booked our next November date night at the Y, but this time we will not keep the kids there as long. After all, they have fun while Chris and I get some much needed alone time! What could be better than that?!

So, as to why I do not have time to blog? Well, between my normal household activities, my laptop totally not working and joining the Y...I am just too busy! I would totally recommend the YMCA. Zumba is so fun that you hardly know you are working out. I just love it! I love the yoga too. I look forward to trying all of their classes when the weather gets cooler out, too.

No comments: