Tuesday, June 08, 2010

No Cable, No Soda, Oh No!

That's right...we have officially canceled cable.

Remember, before we moved, we only had basic cable 1-26 or something. Then we had free expanded cable in the apartment and got addicted. We had nothing to do but watch it! After we moved, the direct sales rep we go through offered us 1/2 off for 6 months with free install, so we went with it. Oh, it was so nice to have during this long and brutal winter. But, it is summer now. We need to turn off the electronics and get outside! Yes, I could just hide the remote, but I still have TV watching as an option.

So, I painfully canceled ALL cable this morning. I seriously had a lump in my throat as I called to cancel. I did not want to because I love my new found shows! I love E!, HGTV, and TLC. The kids love Nic - ICARLY and Spongebob are the big ones they like watching. Last night, I was outside playing with Asher and Chris, yes Chris, was so absorbed in the Nic show he was watching with Alivia that he refused to get up and answer the door when a guest arrived! :) Oh look - we DO have four kids.  Ha!

Next..the soda. Everyone knows it is not good for you. We do not think it is good for us so we do not allow our kids to drink it. Now they are asking us why we drink it if it is not good for us? Good question. Well, because it tastes so good. Because it is easy to transport. Because I need caffeine to stay away all night long when I work. Okay...maybe we don't need it. We are on our last case of soda now and it will soon be gone. Then, we will be filling up our water bottles and going with it. I will be sure to mark the day we give it up to see if we see a difference in our skin, energy, etc. I will have to post an update.

Additionally, Chris is now going to start working out again. He stopped working out consistently when we moved. He lacks motivation and a running path that he is used to here. Well, I am making him get out and run and work out. He will feel better. And now, what else does he have to do at night anyway? Oh, I know...I can come up with a few things we can do...hee heee, but we are done having kids.

Until then, you will find me outside with the kids, sipping water, while our TVs inside get rather dusting. Why did we even buy them?

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: