Saturday, July 11, 2009

Camping, the Austin Way

Smores!Tent set upSqueezing into the tent"Roughing" it watching the Bee MovieOur Little Night Owls

Saturday seemed like the perfect night for the annual Austin Camping Night. The temps were mild and there was a nice breeze. Our kids have not got to the age where it would be appropriate or sane to go officially camping, so we have the camping night in our back yard! This has become an annual tradition. We always begin by grilling out and then having smores (which may be the best part of camping, at least for me!).  After sleeping in the tent most of the night last year (they had to come in because of the weather), I thought this year would go just as well. However, Chris wanted ALL of us to sleep outside. Asher just wanted to play, running from Addison to Alivia and body slamming them. After an hour of this, I decided to take Asher inside. I was not sure that he would get a nap the next day (because of Addison's birthday party and yet another open house), so I wanted him to get SOME sleep. The girls soon followed me in, and they fell right to sleep in their beds.

Maybe we will try again on another cool weekend night. Next time, I think Asher and I will just eat the smores and leave the camping outside to Chris and the girls!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: