Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hitting the trails

A couple of weeks ago, I hit the trails one nice, Sunday afternoon. So, today, I decided to head to Huntington Park again. It is so much different to run during the day. I see many other runners, walkers, bikers, etc. I am not scared like I am running at night or before the break of dawn, and the sun and warm weather are wonderful. Today I ran a little past Dodge Street and then headed back home. I would have ran farther...but I got hot, of all things! I have no problems doing short runs during naptime, but I do not like filling the entire naptime with running, then I come home exhausted to the kids' crying time of day. Besides, I miss out on that much needed time to do laundry, clean up a bit, and just to sit a bit in peace and quiet with Chris.

Running the trails, even if just for a short jog,  brings back the joy of running. Ahhh...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: